Friday, March 6, 2009

Trippin'

I have several super fabulous trips already planned for this summer.  Yes, I need to plan for summer now because if I don't I get super depressed that it is still *really* cold in Utah!  It also helps me to follow through and do most of them if I put it out for the publics visual consumption.  Here goes:


Mt Hood, Oregon for more snowboard training with the Deaf National team. It will be the end of June for about 10 days. It's on a glacier!!!! I'm going to die this time, I know it. (sad face)


The Utah Shakespearean Festival to do some interpreting. Hopefully this one works out, I'm still waiting on a few things. Due to budget cuts this year they basically need volunteer interpreting services. I love performance interpreting and would love to have this experience. It will take hours and hours of practicing up here before actually doing any interpreting but I think it will all be worth it! 


Eliza and I want to go to Europe for a couple of weeks in the summer to hang out and possibly track down all we can about Deaf culture over there. I have been wanting to go to Europe for as long as I can remember and I'm making it happen this summer!


Finally, I have been talking to my sister (Meghan) about going on a quick cruise down the Mexican peninsula. I have wanted to go on a cruise since I was 8 years old so I think my time has come.

Goodbye savings account! I'll try to fatten you up again in the Fall!

2 comments:

Avis La Fin said...

Rachel,
If you come to Mount Hood, please look us up!! The picture on your blog is the view from our front window!! We live across the river in Washington. Love, Sister Kennedy

rebecca said...

what happened to nova scotia? :)