Monday, May 4, 2009

Friends


I'm having some issues in the friend department lately. It is an odd thing for me because both these friends have been close to me for a long time. It's not something that is seriously wearing on me, I just don't know what to do. Here are my issues:

-One friend basically does not seem to be considerate of me at all. Any opportunity this friend gets to sell me out, he/she seems to take it lately. I have been hurt by this friend several times in the recent months and each time has been because this friend has never thought how his/her actions or words might impact me.

-The other friend has a lot going on in his/her life and I am thrilled, but this friend keeps throwing things that aren't going well for me in my face. I feel like this friend tries to maintain some sort of power over me, rather than a equal friendship. I don't get it.

I wish I could say that I'm going to confront them, but I'm not. Luckily, I'm to the point in my life that I don't really care anymore. Yes, friends are very important to me, but it's easy for me to kick them out of my life because I don't need the hassle!

7 comments:

Kat said...

PLEASE do not tell me I am one of these people! I'll shoot myself!

rebecca said...

are you accepting applications?:)

Great Scott's! said...

I luckily dont feel like I fit any of those qualifications so....Whew. Please don't ever flick me out of your friend circle. I think you da bomb and I'm keeping you, so there.

Unknown said...

Well, I'm seeing a common theme here. You are getting walked on, you are taking it, and you are allowing it to continue without reacting to it. Sounds like you are inviting this type of behavior with the passive-aggressive way you are handling these situations. I'm no genius, but I would say that, at lease from these two instances, I see a pattern.

Unknown said...

Skivy,
Who are you? Why are you hiding behind a private profile?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah Neville McMillan said...

I LOVE you. and I'm glad to know I can't be one of those friends.. we've haven't talked in ages! ;)