Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Belly


I just found out that there is a Rubio's 15 minutes from my house! I have not been to one since I moved to Utah almost two years ago, until last night that is.  Oh boy, did I stuff my belly! 

 I would go fairly regularly when living in San Diego because it is delicious! The very first Rubio's is in San Diego and only about 5 minutes from where I went to high school, church and work for 3 years.

It is Baja Mexican food, not the authentic Mexican that I constantly crave and can't find anywhere in Utah. For now, Baja Mexican is good enough for me!  The best thing about all this is Taco Tuesdays are back on! I spent many Tuesdays eating $1 fish tacos at a Rubio's with good friends in San Diego. They have (almost) the same deal here, it's $1.25 though.

What a great way to start the weekend!

3 comments:

Dave and Lizzie said...

Just to let you know there is a great place here that has Mexican food that is pretty authentic. My husband went on his mission to Mexico so he is always looking for places with "real" Mexican food and until we found this place he was NEVER satisfied.. It's called El Gallo Giro (I think) and there is one in Spanish Fork and another in Provo on University I think right next to or really close to The Chinese Buffet and Lon's Barbeque (not sure of these titles, I've just seen them when I've gone to El Gallo Giro.) I just looked online and I think the address is 346 N University Ave, Provo, UT 84601. Anyway, sorry this is so lengthy.. just thought you'd like to know.

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

WHERE IS IT!? TACO TUESDAY! -JOBY-

Unknown said...

Rachel and I went to this place yesterday and it was amazing! Amen to the fish tacos.