Monday, June 22, 2009


Today, two metro trains crashed in Washington, DC. I am shocked, scared and devastated at this. It happened on the red line by the DC/Maryland border. This line is one of, if not, the busiest metro lines in DC and as of this moment, six people have died with scores more injured.

I have such a strong love for Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland that I'm struggling with feelings of helplessness. It is completely unfathomable to me how this could have happened, the metro authority does an excellent job at schedules and maintenance.  I know I couldn't do anything out there, I still wish I was there to lend a hand any way possible.

Please remember those effected in your prayers. It will be a tough time in DC for a while.

2 comments:

Kati said...

I know, it's so sad. The metro works so well, it's hard to believe this could happen. I'll be pretty much living on the red line in a few months.

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

It's so crazy!!!!! Neal was gonna start taking the red line to MD because he's on a client in MD... I say no way!