Thursday, November 26, 2009

Another Notable Happening


Happy Thanksgiving, etc.  Now that that's over, we can get on to celebrating Discovery of King Tut's Tomb Day.  It's not an official holiday, but it's still pretty cool.

His tomb was uncovered in 1922 in the Valley of the Kings.  It has been called one of the greatest archeological discoveries of all time, and I have to agree.  Although, Indidana Jones has provided us with some pretty cool finds ;)

When I was in fourth grade I was obsessed with everything ancient Egypt.  The stories, hieroglyphics, ruins, etc because we had a wacky substitute every Friday that would lecture on it.  I have a distinct memory of telling Miss Schlappy (seriously, that was her name) that I wanted to take my honeymoon to Egypt.  Yeah. 

Happy eating....and remembering the boy king.

No comments: