Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Seen and Heard

Recently, while at an undisclosed location, I saw this in action....


Oh yeah, it was the real deal people.  I saw it poking out the side.  Tragic.  The place where I was featured many a ratted mane and I'm sure many more covert Bump It's than those ladies would care to admit.

The hair looked something like this...

I understand wanting volume, I get it.  But having hair that looks alienesque in nature could not have been the look you were going for.  Yikes.

Something I overheard recently was this conversation:

High school girl #1: I think I'll get pregnant during senior year and then try to time it so I'm due in the winter.  I've always wanted a winter baby.

(gaggle of HS girls murmuring their approval)

HS girl #2: Yeah, my mom was kinda weird when I got pregnant but she can't say anything because she got pregnant with me when she was a teenager

HS girl #1: I know, my dad can't get mad either because he had 2 kids by the time he was 19.


I stopped listening after that.  Do these kids not watch after school specials?  Or Maury Povich?  Having a baby and starting a family is a beautiful and wonderful thing BUT....(I don't need to finish this sentence, do I?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that conversation makes me SICK! I know I was a HS girl once and thought I knew everything, but seriously?? Come on!

Kat said...

no you don't need to finish that sentence! yikes! I am sooo curious to know where you were when you heard all that! crazy! I can't believe it! The bumpits and the convo... recipe for disaster.

Lacey Voris said...

wow. kids these days. it makes me sick.