Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back!

I feel like I've been gone forever!  Eliza and I have been back from our fabulous vacation for over a week and I have not allowed room for any blogging motivation to creep into my "busy" schedule.  Here goes....

Our flight to Fort Lauderdale left from Las Vegas so Eliza and I drove my car down and were planning to leave it at my friend's house while we were gone.  Right as we were pulling into Vegas my car started to make a growling noise that I had heard before.  I reassured Eliza that I had heard it before and to keep driving.  Then it got loud.  Then the car jerked.  Violently.  We thought we dropped something off of the car.  Long story short, we died at the top of the I15 and Cheyenne Ave exit.  Here's Eliza at said exit, keeping a positive attitude about everything -


I decided that if the repairs were over $500 I would just buy a new car so I started making calls, etc to get that in order.  I got a referral for a guy who buys cars through auctions and then charges a minor finders fee.  Yeah....I blew a hole in the engine block so I'm the proud new owner of a lovely, lovely, lovely 2008 Hyundai Elantra.  Color - black, of course.  Everything worked out so perfectly!  I still can't believe that we broke down where we did, that I had a referral for someone to find me a car in Las Vegas and that I had so many amazing people working toward getting me new transportation.  What a blessing!

The trip was awesome, if you have seen me lately you can see how tan I am!  We started out with 2 days at DisneyWorld and then a 7 day western Caribbean cruise.  Here are some pictures of our adventures and more fun stories in the coming days.  If this bores you, don't read it.  I miss you!  PS - this is the DisneyWorld portion of the trip, cruise pictures to be posted shortly!  

Waiting for us at our Disney hotel....we squealed!  Wouldn't you???

We both loved the Epcot Center the most!  

I'm not going to lie, I got choked up more than once at DisneyWorld.  The first place was in the Pixar area of the park.  There is just something about so many good memories flooding back all at the same time that brings a tear to the eye.  It was wonderful!

In Morocco in Epcot.  I loved it!  I may need to plan a trip to the country sometime soon.



The man and the Mouse.  I love this statue :)

Inside Small World, I just loved these goats, they are pretty funky.

Again, inside Small World.  How cute are they?!?!

There is the most incredible mosaic inside Cinderella's castle!  These are some of my favorite scenes.  I wish my camera (and memory) could do it justice, oh well.  Plan a trip and see it for yourself!  It's worth it!



9 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

looks like fun!!! I want to see cruise pics. A couple of my high school friends were there too.. I hope you didn't make out with them... yuck! Oh, and about Morocco... just be careful of the Moroccans (shudder)!!!!!

rachel garber said...

So basically we need to travel together. That's all I feel the need to say.

rachel garber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

Rachel! We're twins..we have the same car! :)

Anna.

Great Scott's! said...

beauty, and fun, I need a Disney trip worse than ever!! I probably would cry too. I am very emotional about Disney! And have craved to go for over 3 years! Glad you're living it up! love ya, miss ya

Kalli said...

Pretty much I hate you. And you new car. And your cruises and vacationing. Hate.

Kalli said...

but mostly because I am jealous...

Ashley said...

Missed you while you were gone. Love that mural in Cinderella's castle, that's it..Peter and I are going, ASAP! i'm glad you had so much fun!

Unknown said...

I love the pictures you take. I wish I had an eye for it like you do.

It was an amazing trip.