Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Always Wanted....


I used to be a very sad girl.  I hated myself, primarily for physical reasons.  I blamed all of my unhappiness on the fact that I thought I was unattractive.

I would think that if I had a clear complexion, I would be happy.
If I had good hair, I would be happy.
If I had smaller hips and more narrow shoulders, I would be happy.

I tricked myself into believing that happiness could come from such ridiculous things.  It has been a struggle to realize that genuine happiness and personal satisfaction has to come from within, not from without.  

We are all perfect, yet we are all flawed...and we all have every right to be happy.

I hope you find your happiness :)

3 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

AMEN!!!! I learned you can't keep wishing away your time, thinking, when THIS happens, I'll be happy. YOU create your own happiness RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!! And now, my favorite quote: "I am determined to be happy in whatever situation I may be. For I have learned, from experience, that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our DISPOSITIONS and not our circumstances" Og Mandino.

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

ps you are GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

Funny how the pictue of the girl you put up here is ugly even with the big eyes, pouty lips, and perfect nose. It just goes to show that beauty comes from within.