Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Plans

Ok, here goes.  After a lot of consideration, prayer and talking with respected people in my field (i.e. Anne Leahy, Doug Stringham) - I have decided to not attend graduate school this year.  

I'll let that sink in for a moment.

Just kidding.  There were lots of reasons for me to apply and now there are even more reasons for me not to go.  I might go next year, and I might not.  I will still be moving to the DC metro area (in a month!) to live and work and to give me the change I so desperately need.

I don't want to go into exact reasons for this but I can tell you that after making the decision I have felt a sense of peace that was missing since I got my letter of acceptance.  I need to do what is best for me and I know, without a doubt, that this postponement in what is best.  

I feel like now is a great time of change and growth for me and I love it!  I'm trying my hardest to make weak areas strong, to talk, show, and give love and to forgive and forget.  I'm not saying I'm successful at it, but I'm enjoying the process.  I know that good things are right around the corner for me!

6 comments:

rachel garber said...

So glad you hear you are feeling happy and STILL moving to D.C.! Let's get together when you're in Tucson ok!?

rebecca said...

oh i am so happy for you! i am going to miss you so much!

Dave and Lizzie said...

You are wonderful. I'm so glad you are making decisions that you feel are best for you. I love the east.. have so much fun!

Lacey Voris said...

wow. good luck with everything. i hope it goes well. keep in touch with us :)

Jerilyn said...

I am happy you are at peace with your decision! Its the best feeling to finally get the answer you know is right for you! I will miss you though, of course!!

doug said...

Gutsy.

And lumping me in with Anne? Well, that just makes me a little more important than I am.

YTC.