Wednesday, July 21, 2010

There's an App for That


Yesterday I was searching the iTunes App store for an app to help me learn Spanish.  I have been wanting to start studying Spanish again for a long time so I thought, why not now?  And why not learn from a free iTunes app that will probably teach me words and grammar wrong?

I found one that looked decent so I looked at the reviews and comments about it and found a comment that jumped out at me.  The reviewer said,
"You are limited to what you learn"

I love that because while this reviewer thought the app was awful, but had a difficult time articulating it - they ended up making a pretty profound statement.  It's true, we are limited to what we learn.  This life is for learning and growing, making mistakes and falling down.  Most of the learning I do comes through different exposures at work, the news I read, the incredibly intuitive and savvy friends I hang around with and my own random research (thanks Wikipedia!).

Don't limit yourself.

3 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

I really like that! and also-- WHY NOT FRENCH!??!?!

Dave and Lizzie said...

I love this.

Unknown said...

Great quote! You always find the best quotes. :)