Friday, July 30, 2010

Up For a Challenge?

My U.K. (United Kingdom or über kewl) counterpart posted a fun photo challenge she will be doing for August and I have decided to take part as well!  Check out her post here.


Susannah Conway - the challenger - says, "you simply share one photo per day on your blog – Monday to Friday, or every day. Or whenever you want. Using any camera – DSLR, compact, Polaroid, Holga, iPhone (my choice), Instax, 35mm, video – with or without words – anything goes – for the whole of August. No pressure - just looking at August through your camera lens as a way to be more present this summer."  How much do I love this?  A lot, lot, lot.

I love how she says, "as a way to be more present".  Fantastic!  There is something about looking at your surroundings through a camera.  I find pictures very intimate because it is a snapshot of what the photographer wanted to see, what was important to him/her and how they want to share it with you.

I'm going to try to do a photo a day, which could prove challenging during the drive to DC, but should also be tons of fun.

Who's with me?

3 comments:

Rebecca A said...

Um,LOVE! I'll definitely be joining you on this one :)

Anonymous said...

Oh YAY! So glad you're going to do this too! It's more fun when eveyrone plays along ;) xx

Hil said...

I'm down for that! This should be interesting... :)