Thursday, July 29, 2010

What's Your Sign?


Right after my family moved to Utah my sister and I saw this sign in my parent's neighborhood.  We thought it was a joke.  We even wondered where we could get one.  It's definitely not a joke.  There are gazillions of cows that live in the town and they get out from time to time.  The red nose is kind of silly but it's also practical at night.  So all in all, this is a serious sign. 

Cow crossing.  Look out.



A few months later, a girl brought this picture into work to show everyone.  They all thought it was a joke and didn't understand why I wasn't laughing.  I was wondering why they were all laughing.  I grew up seeing this sign all the time so for me, this was just like a yield or a no u-turn sign.

Culture clash, for sure.

2 comments:

Jerilyn said...

So just to clarify...
The first one is "Watch for Clown-Cows"
and the second is "Caution: Sneaky couples stealing children in the area." ?

Am I close?

Dave and Lizzie said...

Very cute post.. I loved it. And I really loved all your pictures.. you are SO beautiful!