Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Where My Girls At?

Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes."
~Clare Boothe Luce


I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a door mat or a prostitute.
~Rebecca West, "Mr Chesterton in Hysterics: A Study in Prejudice," The Clarion, 14 Nov 1913, reprinted in The Young Rebecca, 1982


There are very few jobs that actually require a penis or vagina. All other jobs should be open to everybody.
~Florynce Kennedy


Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, a good mother, good-looking, good-tempered, well-dressed, well-groomed, and unaggressive.
~Marya Mannes


You don't have to be anti-man to be pro-woman.
~Jane Galvin Lewis

Stolen from www.alreadypretty.com

3 comments:

rachel garber said...

Totally having one of those days where I needed your lovely finds! Thanks!

rebecca said...

my hell. in love with the penis/vagina one.

Unknown said...

LOVE! This has been one of my favorite posts you've done this month.