Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Friends

(photo taken by my parent's house)

It seems as though I have a sad pattern in my life.  Whenever (all 2 times) I make a big move, I make really darling, amazing friends right before I leave.  It happened in San Diego right before I made the move to Utah.  I had the funnest (most fun?) summer of my life because of the gaggle of girls I ran around with.

Now, as I pack up my life to head out East, I am beginning to realize the magnitude of the love I'm leaving behind.  I have gotten close to some incredible ladies the past couple months (not you, Jerilyn, we've been tight since the whole platonic canoodling incident week on the cruise) and I hate the thought of leaving them to have constant love fests while I go exploring DC.  

I have been very lucky in my life to be able to associate with some of the greatest people that God has put on this Earth.  I have friends and family that love me and accept me.  I have everything!

Last Saturday Eliza and Kelsey threw me a huge goodbye party that lasted until 2:30am!  It was fantastic to see so many of my friends come out and support me and even better that I have good friends who thought of making it happen.  Thanks again, ladies.

Yesterday I spent all day with some of the most lovely ladies I've ever known.  We spent large portions of the day eating, so I would label that a success.  Especially when you tabulate the laughing to dead air ratio :)  PS - go to The Chocolate Cafe in Orem.  Delicious.

Tonight is dinner with a new friend.  New, but definitely someone I want to know better before I peace out of this town.  Especially because we have the odd suspicion that we many have been twins separated at birth.  I will confirm tonight.

Saturday is the final, be-all-end-all blow out party which will be done in true Rachel fashion.  Pictures to come.

Again, I'm sad about the pattern in my life but I am grateful for it too.  One can never have too many good friends - especially when they are amazing like mine!  

Count your blessings.  They are many.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

You shouldn't post such things, it will put people like me into fits because of having to admit that you are actually leaving all of us. Thanks for the shoutout, love you and I will miss you incredibly!

rebecca said...

you still arent moving in my head.
hope to see you saturday.
love you dearly.

Jerilyn said...

Much Love. I will have to find another canoodling companion. Guess I am signing up for E-Harmony on Sunday.