Saturday, December 11, 2010

ego diligo ut lego

(i love to read)


I am soooo grateful for public transportation.  First reason - I don't have to drive into DC because it takes years off my life every time I have to.  Seriously, I live 4 miles from DC but it takes an hour to get there, blech.

Second reason - I have about 2 hours a day to read.
(ahhhhh)

I have been in DC almost four months (whoa) and this is what I have consumed

Finished:
Mockingjay
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl who Played with Fire
Go Ask Alice
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
One Day
Miracle at St. Anna's
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Forgotten Garden
Lipstick Jungle
(10!)

Upcoming books:
The Bell Jar
Shanghai Girls
Never Let Me Go
The Kite Runner (reread)
The Catcher in the Rye

I love it, love it, love it!  Along with recreational reading I try to keep a good balance with church books, scripture, etc.  A good balance, indeed.

I can't wait to try out some of the suggestions you left a few months ago.  Percy Jackson, The Uglies and hopefully Harry Potter again.  If you have any more suggestions or want me to send you any of the books I have already read, please let me know!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I LOVE the Percy Jackson books. Just don't see the movie. Terrible. It will ruin reading the rest of the books.

Anonymous said...

"Never Let Me Go" is amazing. Seriously. I'm scared to watch the film as I think it will ruin my memory of the book. I read it in like a day, couldn't put it down.
[/end giddy rant]