Monday, February 14, 2011

What A Utahn Looks Like

Last night I was picking someone up from the airport and I realized I needed a little bit 'o gas or I would leave a certain someone stranded at Dulles International. And I didn't want that certain someone stranded.

I pulled over and began the process of getting gas when I heard, "hey!". It was definitely directed at me so I looked up and there was a guy in front of my car. He said,

"I just wanted to see what someone from Utah looks like"
(I still have not yet registered my car here)

I laughed and asked if I was what he expected (I was in a hoodie, work out pants, Uggs and my glasses) (not my finest but definitely not my worst) and he said, "Yep, pretty much what I was expecting".

Huh. But I'm from San Diego.

3 comments:

doug said...

What? No "your momma" joke in retort? Sigh.

Jay-Dub said...

What is it with people overgeneralizing? The other day I answered the door with wet hair and no make-up and the guy (salesman) asked if I was from Wisconsin or Minnesota.

Kaitlyn Flanagan said...

What a great story. I'm still jealous of your life.