Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ooo Baby, Baby!

This is one of the reasons boys think that girls are crazy.
Baby names.
Most girls have had an ongoing list of names since we got our first Cabbage Patch doll. The list is constantly being edited based on personal preference, what's hot at the moment, people who steal our names, etc. Yes, names can be stolen. (Which is why I guard my list like a mad woman)

Every year the Social Security Administration releases the top most popular names for boys and girls for the previous year. Here's your top 10 for 2010:

Top 10 Names for Boys
1. Jacob
2. Ethan
3. Michael
4. Jayden
5. William
6. Alexander
7. Noah
8. Daniel
9. Aiden
10. Anthony


Top 10 Names for Girls

1. Isabella
2. Sophia
3. Emma
4. Olivia
5. Ava
6. Emily
7. Abigail
8. Madison
9. Chloe
10. Mia


Check out the full article here. One thing it notes is that there are 41 names that rhyme with Aiden in the top 1000....that's crazy. By the way - is anyone else surprised that the name Emily is still so popular?

3 comments:

Amber said...

I think every one of the children I know that have been born in the last 3 years are on that list, but spelled differently for originality, obviously.
I hate how much I love the name Abigail...hopefully by the time I have a kid (2037) it won't be as popular :/

-Danica- said...

Dang it! I love the name Emma!

Williams said...

oh great my kids name is second on the boy list. oh well.