Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Thoughts on Harry



Like plenty of people before me, I'm going to take the opportunity to put my thoughts down about something that has been such a positive thing in my life. Before I do, you should read Danica's post about it - this is the best one I've seen so far. Read it here

I went to a Friday evening showing with Devon. We somehow managed to get into the theater reserved for those without souls because we were crying for a large majority of the film, but no one else was! It was magical and exactly what I wanted in the final chapter. I went again on Saturday night with a group of friends so that I could really assess the movie and how it represented the book. Again, it was fabulous.

A good book is like a good friend, you can revisit it whenever you need and it won't let you down. It's like coming home! There are plenty of people who make noise about not "getting" the hoopla behind the phenomenon, but it doesn't matter - this has been that good friend to so many people. We see ourselves, our friends, and family members in the characters. How could you not love it?

I can't wait to share this journey with my children, just like how my mom shared her favorites with me. What's wrong with wanting your children to read stories of love, heroism, friendship, bravery, and family? Nothing. I hope they see it as a gift that I will share with them, because it has definitely been a bright spot in my life.


This is the end, but it really isn't because the magic is always there.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Well Said. I too cannot wait to read Harry Potter with my boys! I almost want them to grow up so that we can get the reading started!

-Danica- said...

Exactly. I loved that video - why do i keep crying about all this harry potter stuff? And thank you for the shout out, you are too sweet!