Friday, July 8, 2011

Sugar Challenge 2011

Let's talk about my life. It looks something like this -


Devon's Knock You Naked Brownies



I love treats. I eat them whenever I feel so inclined, and believe me - I am inclined several times a day. That's not good though. I think I'm dealing with a bit of an addiction.

Therefore, I'm off sugar for a month as of yesterday. There is sugar in pretty much everything so I'm not going raw, but I'm avoiding any blatant sugar. Sounds easy, right?

Wrong.

I almost cried last night when I went to make myself some chocolate milk. How cruel. Lately I've been pinning the most amazing looking desserts, gah! Why do I do this to myself? Luckily, Devon is my no-sugar advisor and she's guiding me through this month with as few tantrums as possible.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Madi said...

before you try to block out of your mind anything sweet and delicious, please tell me where you got that shake and what kind it is? Because there is a big pool of drool on my keyboard right now and i really need to fix this.

Oh and good luck! (:

Anonymous said...

Oh man that's hardcore.
Good luck!! xxx

Nicki said...

Oh you are so brave girl!!!! I couldnt do it but Good Luck! ;)

Jen said...

i did the same thing. I realized I had an addiction when I started mixing powdered sugar with peanut butter to make some kind of sugary treat. So that day, dumped everything with sugar, cooking sugar, powder sugar, kool-aid, everything. Figured if I wanted sugar, I'd had to force myself to go out and buy it. So far working some -- I go out often. :S