Sunday, February 26, 2012

Expectations


Have you seen the movie 500 Days of Summer? There is a scene where the main character is headed to his ex girlfriend's BBQ and when he gets there the screen splits and it shows his expectations of the evening and what actually happens - the reality. I remember watching it and feeling devastated because of the sheer familiarity of it all. 

I am extremely adept at planning how perfectly certain events will play out in my life. Naturally I am then left with a sense of disappointment because nothing ever goes as planned, especially when everything is out of my control. Who wants to live like that? It's no fun living in constant anticipation and then dealing with the effects of the letdown.

I'm over it! Having expectations is fine, but I'm changing them to be within my control and into something achievable. I think things are going to change in an amazingly positive way if I can learn how to properly do this.

Look out, world!

No comments: