Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Deaf Studies Today 2012


We had a great conference this year! I say that without knowing if it's actually true or not because I spent most of it in the interpreter room away from all the action. We have this conference every 2 years at UVU and it's just a wonderful time to get together to learn about what is currently being researched in this field that we love so much. It also serves as a mini college reunion and for that I am SUPER grateful! I adore the amazing ladies I went to school with and I was constantly disappointed that I didn't get to spend more time with them (*ahem* Danica!)


This conference refreshes me and excites me for the promise of a bright future for the community. 
I bleed green, yes I do!

3 comments:

-Danica- said...

Ahhh I know. I really was upset I didn't get to see you again. Turns out toddlers and conferences don't mix. Blah. Miss you :(

wjmom said...

Our daughter--a senior in high school--is taking ASL and LOVES it. I'm excited to learn that UVU has a great deaf studies program--I will mention that to her. I'd love to "chat" with you about this. If you're willing, please email me at hillal@ldschurch.org.

Kat said...

From the few workshops I was able to attend, I thought it was great! But I also liked the fact that I was able to see so many friends and colleagues! Especially you!