Friday, July 27, 2012

Tonight!!!

Why do I love the Olympics so much? 

Yes, I love America and sports, so naturally I enjoy the Olympics but it's something more than that. Here's a little secret about me - I cry at the end of every stage play I see. As the audience stands to recognize the actors with our measly applause, I just weep. All I have to offer their amazing effort is cheers and claps when really I want to hug each of them and say THANK YOU. Thank you so much for practicing your talent to the point of greatness and not giving up when the going got tough. I am always grateful when those with special talents are willing to share them.

Hence, I love the Olympics.

I think this commercial helps me explain it a bit better -



The pomp and ceremony starts tonight but greatness begins when you do.

And just because it's the most darling, tear jerking commercial ever produced, here's another for good measure -


1 comment:

Kat said...

LOVE IT! I also love the Olympics. I get all misty eyed too!