Thursday, February 13, 2014

Movies That Always Make Me Cry

I like a good movie cry. They are tragic, and cleansing, and usually involve fictional characters. Last week my roommate and I saw The Monuments Men and at one point I left out an audible sob - it's cool, the theater wasn't too packed. That got me thinking that I should post my list of "go to" sob fest movies in case anyone who reads this blog needs a good cry.  

I only chose movies that I would watch over and over again. They touched my heart for a variety of reasons but normally the tears fall because someone lovely and worthy of life ends up dying. Or movies about oppression - sheesh, those get me every time! 

So next time you need that deep, soul wrenching cry, please turn to my list, grab the tissues, and cry like no one is watching!


Million Dollar Baby
Beaches
Steel Magnolias
The Green Mile
Fried Green Tomatoes
The Shawshank Redemption
Glory
The Help
Up
Dead Poets Society
My Girl
Armageddon
Seven Pounds
Romeo and Juliet
Boy in the Striped Pajamas


Documentaries 
(be careful with these, they involve real people)
Dear Zachary
We Were Here
The Cove
Young@Heart

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever watched Artificial Intelligence? I am usually not much of a sci fi girl, but oh maaan. Every time I watch that I cry like a baby.

I'm going to see The Monuments Men this weekend, thanks for the heads up. Will take tissues ;)

Aubrey said...

I love movies like that every once in a while. Sometimes you just need a good cry.