Thursday, October 23, 2008

Es No Bueno

I'm loving Puerto Rico, except for one thing. They have absolutely no concept of customer service! Here's a taste of what has happened so far, mind you, we've been here for less than 24 hours at this point:

-With one person ahead of Dale in the Budget rental car line, it still took about an hour to get our car. She moved a little slow.

-At Dale's hotel we asked the Concierge for directions to the street my hotel was on. She gave us a map, drew out the route and of we went. Wrong. She gave us completely wrong directions. She told us to turn the wrong way on a one way street and to go under the freeway when it is totally impossible to do so.

-I called my hotel for directions....they didn't know how to get us there. They used terms like, "take the small road", "look up, do you see it?", "oh, you're by Sizzler? I can't get you here, let me see if someone else can". That's a very small sampling

-The cashier at Radio Shack called Dale "loco" under her breath

-The cashier at Subway talked on his cell phone the entire time he was ringing up my order. It was not a business call, I assure you

3 comments:

Dave Allbee said...

I know what you mean about directions. It happened all the time on my mission in the Dominican Republic, so not too far from where you're at. We eventually learned to only ask the taxi drivers because they were the only ones with any sense of direction. And just FYI, it's "NO es bueno" ;) Good luck.

Kat said...

I know... this was the same way in Cancun! It's ridiculous! We really are lucky, even though our customer service isn't top notch, it's better than most places. But T-Rust me, France is the WORST!! They hate Americans and tourists. We were both! Double whammy, it was awful. But you'll still have a good time, I'm sure of it. Love ya!

Unknown said...

lol. Gotta love it.