Friday, October 24, 2008

Latin Men...Yum?

Rat tails...hmmmm.  What is the point of a rat tail?  On the mammal it is to maintain balance.  On a boy it is to......um.....to.....yeah.  If someone can give me a truly logical explanation for man/boy rat tails, I will give them a kiss on the mouth.  (It's a highly desirable prize, I promise).
Walking around the San Juan mall last night I realized that my attraction for Latin men lies more in the "romance novel cover boy" sector, rather than the ones we encountered last night. This is what we saw over and over again.
Oh yeah, and most of them had beautifully groomed eyebrows.  Definitely better than mine.  I think the metro sexual revolution is alive and well in Puerto Rico, which is unfortunate for many reasons which I will not go into.  My point though?  I hated rat tails when I was in elementary school and I hate them now, on Puerto Rican men.

1 comment:

Dave Allbee said...

I think I have an explanation... The rattail started back in the 80's when different characters from movies and video games had them. So I'm assuming people started growing them because of those influences. However, that trend wore off. But something I noticed during my time in a latin country is that as far as trends went, they were quite a ways behind. They even were using the word "Heavy" when describing something as "cool". So my explanation is that they're a little behind the times and haven't realized yet that the rattail isn't as cool as they think it is. Or they just all want to be like Mark Hoppus.