Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Puerto Rico Highlights

Here are some of my favorite pictures from my recent excursion to Puerto Rico.  I wish I was a better photographer and could capture all the gorgeous scenery and vibrant color.  But I'm not good, so you'll have to deal with these amateur attempts at creativity.  Enjoy!There was an awesome rock wall outside the hotel and I got some great shots in the afternoons at high tide
Another one....obviously
Isn't this lovely?  
The city blocks there didn't have individual buildings, they were one big building only differentiated by the colors they painted

They have some of the coolest doors there.  I bought my mom a poster of the doors of Old San Juan, apparently they are world famous, just like me  
The road in Old San Juan
I loved this spiral staircase!  It's inside an old fort
I just liked this shot
I'm quite obsessed with the changing colors of the buildings
A series of large open rooms inside a fort, I think it's a pretty cool shot
This drawing is on the inside wall of a fort and there were about 2 other visible ships drawn close to it.  What they would do is if they saw a ship approaching they would quickly compare it to the wall drawings and if it matched, it was a friendly ship.  If it didn't they all got on alert for possible enemy fire.  Pretty cool, huh?!?  I heart history

The hotel where the conference was
No, this is not a postcard
I just liked the shot

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you are a fantastic photographer! I loved the one of the ship. Cool story too. :)

Kat said...

Gorgeous! I'm glad you took pictures like that. We did the same in Europe and I'm so happy to have pictures of random things like the architecture and scenery. You're great, and I agree with Liza, awesome photographer. :) You're cool.

McCall B. said...

Sweet pictures! They make me want to go there. The only bad thing about them, are that NONE of them have your cute face in them.

Also, I am sooo sorry to hear about your student-- I can't even imagine what I would do if that happened to one of my students.