Monday, October 27, 2008

Worst Nightmare

This will be short and not so sweet.  One of my students at the high school passed away over the weekend.  Since I have been working there 2 other students have died and it has never been one that I have known, but it has still been hard.  Both times I have thought about how scared I would be if it was one of mine.

She was a wonderful and sweet girl.  She was supposed to be in my class this morning and it was hard to not have her there.  The principal and a counselor came in and talked to everyone and we all kept it together pretty well.  When they left I broke down and talked to them about how I felt about the whole situation.  It provided me the opportunity to tell them that even though they can get on my nerves and talk too much sometimes, I still love them all individually and they are the joy of my life.  We all had a big cry fest after that and normally it helps to get your tears out, but I am still heartbroken.  

Lindsay, thank you for being such a wonderful addition to our class.  I appreciate your participation, your great attitude, your HUGE smile and enthusiasm that you brought to class.  I miss you and I will miss you every A-1 class period.  We all love you very much but I understand that Heavenly Father needs you too.  

1 comment:

rebecca said...

oh rachel, i am so sorry...