Monday, October 6, 2008

Rachel 911

I want to be the type of person that you want with you in an emergency.  I have been in two situations that leave me conflicted...am I good in these situations or a chicken who gets queasy?  You decide.

1. A few years ago Kristy Kincaid and I went to Cedar City where we met my family to watch my sister and brother play soccer.  We were in Wal-Mart for some unknown reason and as we stood in the women's clothing section we watched as a man fainted right in front if us.  Like, we could have caught him.  Which we probably should have, but um...... right.  I stood there completely paralyzed as he lay on the ground and Kristy yelled for help.  I was totally worthless.  Lame!

2.  About three years ago I was dating someone but I decided to have a Friday night sleepover with girlfriends and told him to make other plans.  As us girls were watching "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" the power went out and then we heard the chainsaw.  For a split second I was freaked out (as were my friends, specifically one who started screaming obscenities loudly) but then I realized that I knew where a flashlight was and that we were going to die anyway so I might as well try to save a friend or two.  When the lights came back on, I was standing in the middle of the room, trying to feel my way to the flashlight and in walked my boyfriend and his roommate with a plate of cookies.  They had cut the power and started a chainsaw, don't worry, they left the blade at home, there was no danger.  When I looked at my friends they were all cowering in their sleeping bags and I was the only one in action.  It felt awesome.

So, I'm on the fence.  Would you want me with you in an emergency?

4 comments:

Kat said...

Of course I'd want you with me in an emergency! You've already experienced some of my emotional emergencies and you've always been awesome, well-grounded and super understanding! I hope we are never in the situation of a physical emergency but I bet you'd be awesome. I'd want you to be there to keep me sane. I know you could pull it together for me. :) I love you!

Great Scott's! said...

Being completely objective, I would say no way if I were a stranger to you, but seemings how I'm one of your great fans, and friends I'd have to say Heck Yes!!! You my dear are a gem, truly hard to find, and if you'd take a chainsaw for me, I most definately would take on an axe murderer for you- I hope, I'm a chick-in-the-china-a-chinese-chicken at times and I scare easy, so I'd only hope for your bravery. But if I need you in an emotional crisis I know with out a doubt you'd be there for me and since those are more frequent I'm glad I have you!

CodyMichele said...

I wouldn't want you around if you didn't know who I was...seems you do what most people do...freeze when you see it happen...I do the same thing! But I know ya love me so that brings me comfort, especially if there is a chainsaw involved! Rae, you are a good person...I think anyone would want you by there side in an emergency...I think we would have the time of our lives just laughing and coming up with some way to make it seem like it wasn't all that bad! You're a great friend...how lucky am I!

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh Rachel, I am dying with laughter right now! This is the funniest blog ever! I had totally forgot about those stories. Was the one who said the profanity me? I feel like it was but I can't remember. Ha ha. Selective memory maybe. P.S. I would totally want you around in a scary situation. I know you would know what to do, even if it took a few minutes for you to react!=)