Monday, October 13, 2008

So Much Stuff!

Last weekend I watched a show on TLC called "Help!  I'm a Hoarder!".  It was disgusting and I loved it!  One woman they featured has been on medication and going to therapy every week for her hoarding addiction...since the mid 1980's.  Her house was floor to ceiling piles of crap.  She slept on the floor in the middle of all of it, I'm pretty sure someday one of the stacks will fall and crush her.  It showed her walking down the street looking in garbage cans, in one she found 7 walking canes.  She had a verbal discussion with herself where she listed the pros and cons of taking them or leaving them.  I highly recommend checking it out.

I am a bit concerned that I have the potential to become a hoarder.  I have backups of everything and I have a really hard time getting rid of anything.  At least now I am aware and can do my very best to not end up like what's-her-face.  Honestly, who needs 7 canes?  I would only need 2, the one I use and it's backup.  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love you Rachel!!! I have the same problem. But I'm glad you didn't put it on your blog for everyone to see. Someday when I'm ready I'll come out.

Lacey Voris said...

i don't think you will have a problem! even if you do, it is all cute stuff! ;)