Friday, May 15, 2009

Adventures in Photoshopping

A few weeks ago I contacted an incredibly beautiful, talented, articulate and fashionable young photographer to inquire about a session.  She is a friend of Kat's and I honestly admit, I found her photography blog the good old fashioned way - stalking.  But now we're Facebook friends so I don't have to stalk anymore ;)

I had had a pretty tough semester and thought a photo session could be a fun way to end the term and give me that pick-me-up I was looking for.  

Today was the day and here is a sneak peak of what we did.  It was a blast and a half!  She is incredible to work with and so creative!  We had such a good time and are already looking at schedules to get a session for Kat set up.  Please go to her website for other work she has done and to inquire about your own session.

Be looking at Kat's blog for her recount of her experience as the photographer's assistant.  Here's a preview...she loved it!  

Thanks again Ashley!  You're fantastic!  

11 comments:

Mark and Callie said...

You are SOOO beautiful! I was looking at those pictures and saying to myself "I can't believe i know her!!"

Kat said...

Yeah, you're gorgeous. I said on Ashley's blog that I'm so glad the stop sign picture turned out! Sometimes I have these crazy ideas and I didn't know if it would look good, but I'm so glad! And seriously, you are SO pretty. I love you and yesterday was the most fun day I've had in a really long time! I love being with you!! YAY! I'll write my post soon. :)

the swapps said...

i am SO glad we're facebook friends now. it just seems so official. rachel - you were a dream to work with. i am glad that you (tyra, or "the talent") and mr. jay were able to get together with me yesterday. it was fantastic!

xoxo,
nigel :)

rebecca said...

holy cow! these are amazing! cant wait to see the lot of em!

Matt and Mal said...

absolutely beautiful :) I can't wait to see more of them! Makes me want to go get my pictures taken too! haha

Kristy said...

Rachel, you look absolutely amazing! Loving the clothes and those fab yellow shoes! The hair? The make-up? L-O-V-E it all!!!

McCall B. said...

Love 'em! It's hard to find a good photographer that is creative but not to the point where it is awkward. I have had my eye out for good photographers for pictures of my baby this summer so thanks for the info!

Unknown said...

Rachel, you look amazing (as always)!

Williams said...

oh my heck you look great!! well you always look great but it is hard to capture true beauty like yours

in morse code said...

you look hot!!

Great Scott's! said...

You are freaking HOT!!! THose photos rock, I am so happy you took the opprotunity to get self photos because....1st you are hot and, that needs to be documented, 2nd you and your children will cherish them forever, and 3rd YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!