Tuesday, May 18, 2010


My little brother will be going to the Chile, Antofagasta mission!  None of us expected that at all!  He has been studying Mandarin Chinese for the past 2 years so we kind of all thought he might be sent to China.  We are all so proud and excited for him!  He is ready to go now but has to wait until July 28th (two days before my mom's birthday...)  Out of his group of good friends from high school my brother is the last to get his call but not the last to leave.  His friend, Trenton, got his call a month ago but will be entering the MTC after Taylor!  I expected him to go into the MTC in late August or September because he doesn't even turn 19 until August 15th! 

This is a new venture for our family - our first missionary and we are behind him 100%.  He has always been such a great example to me and to the rest of my siblings of true Christ-like love and service.  I know he will serve an honorable mission and (somehow) become even more incredible.

Trivia - it has only rained once in recorded history in this area of Chile!  Crazy!  NASA uses their landscape to test Mars and lunar landing/roving equipment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Taylor!

Rachel, you know the most random facts and I love it!

Nicki said...

So excited for you Taylor!!!