Friday, January 21, 2011

Friends & More

Lately, I have had time to work, eat and hang out with my buddies. Notice I didn't say sleep, that is not too high on my priority list.

For someone who likes taking pictures, I haven't taken any of our latest adventures. Last weekend I went and saw Burlesque with my best girls and let me tell you - it was fabulous! Not Oscar worthy, but it was exactly the dancing/beautiful men/sequins/Cher that we all needed.


Then Saturday we went to karaoke. We heard about a bar that had no cover and a good reputation, but it ended up being too crowded and a rowdy (in a bad way) crowd. The decision was made to find a Korean karaoke joint where we could rent a room.

Best decision ever.

We packed about 20 people into a room and sang our guts out for 2 hours. It is an experience that we will definitely be repeating. Often. I participated in singing:

Summer Nights (from Grease)
If You're Wondering If I Want You (Weezer)
Bad Romance
Total Eclipse of the Heart
Baby, Baby (Amy Grant...yes!)

I'm already working on my set list for next time - suggestions are appreciated.

Wednesday, Devon and I went to the Kennedy Center for a performance by the American Ballet Theater in honor of the 50th anniversary of the inauguration of President Kennedy. They did some of the President and First Lady's favorite ballets. It was phenomenal. I was so glad to have Devon there to answer my questions! You'll never guess who is in the American Ballet Theater.....

Cooper Nielsen from Center Stage! His real name is Ethan Steifel and he didn't dance on Wednesday, he was slated to dance on Thursday :( But, guess who DID dance on Wednesday?

Kathleen from Center Stage! Real name is Julie Kent. She was fabulous! She has been a principal with ABT since 1993 - Devon says that's a really long career. You go girl!

Tonight I'm going on a quick road trip with Devon and Kayla and it couldn't have come at a better time. Sometimes you just need to get away for a day or two. Hopefully I'll remember to take off my lens cap and actually do something with my camera.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!



2 comments:

Kalli said...

For my 23rd bday Kari threw me a surprise birthday party at a Korean Karaoke bar.

It was the best night ever.

Ashley said...

May I just say that I squealed to death that you got to see "Marlene" and almost "Cooper"!? I obsessively watch that movie whilst internally monologuing about not hating my parents for taking me out of dance classes....May I suggest for your next karaoke-palooza a little
'Pour Some Sugar On Me" You know you want to!