Friday, November 25, 2011

Visit Highlights

We had such a blast! Mom and dad left this morning but very few tears were shed because I'll be home for Christmas in a few weeks!

#1 place on my dad's list was Gettysburg and now I know why. It's fantastic! 

This is in front of a giant cyclorama in the museum at Gettysburg. This oil painting was done in 1883 and it depicts the charge during the battle that won it for the Union. We heart history in this family.


In Georgetown. Aren't they just the cutest?!?

At the American Art Museum. If you enlarge the photo you can see the Preamble on the plates

Mom dorking out over this Alexander Calder sculpture. After we took the picture and walked away then we saw the plaque that says "no touching or climbing on the sculpture".....oops

In the war exhibit in the American History Museum

Rachel the Riveter! I did really well on my first try! It said I was ready to work with Rosie 


At the Korean War Memorial

This little brazen squirrel wanted mom's strawberry scone


Vietnam War Memorial

Monument to the 56 signers of the Constitution
(totally one of my favorites)




Thanksgiving day was absolutely beautiful


I had a wonderful time having my parents all to myself. It was wonderful to share my love of my city with my two favorite people. 

No comments: