Saturday, March 17, 2012

Farmers Market

Megan and I had a very early start this morning at the Nordstrom Trend Show. They modeled parts of the Spring collection and gave descriptions of new facial products. I sat there and wept due to the pain caused from cinching my purse strings. It was fabulous! We had a great time getting rowdy in the AM with 700 other ladies.

On the way back to my house Megan spotted the weekend farmers market in our neighborhood. We went, she bought, and I made a blood vow to return.


So after a 2 hour nap (because that's how I roll) I went back clutching my somewhat crisp twenty dollar bill and silently praying that there was still amazing produce there. There was! 

I got:

1 bag of spinach
2 mangoes
1 bag of green grapes
1 avocado
1 pint strawberries
2 cucumbers
1 bag of oranges
1 2 lb bag of green beans
1 bag of apples


All for $19! I will be back next Saturday and probably every week after that because just mentally comparing prices with my local grocery store and I saved more than I care to report. Thanks to Megan for wanting to go to the market I have overlooked every weekend since moving here!

Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: